1,584 audio Reviews with Responses

Voltspeed - Waterfall Voltspeed - Waterfall

Nice use of strings with the piano! My complaint would be this. Everything mashes into each other a bit too much. So perhaps a little more mastering would help with that some. It all becomes a lot to handle on the ears. The percussion sounds a little generic also. Other then all that though this is a pretty lovely song to listen to! I got to say the piano itself is pretty lovely to listen to! So all in all good work!

VoltSpeedGames responds:

Sorry, I use a beta music program and thats the only drums :(

For A Lifetime For A Lifetime

I have a special place in my heart for music like this. Being that I used to write it myself. The opening was lovely! Piano and strings melded together perfectly! Then the percussion came in and blew my mind. This is nicely mastered also! The levels are not to high and everything kind of helps everything in the foreground and background of the song to shine. Very lovely work, This will be going on my favorites for sure!

Devastus responds:

Thank you for the feedback! It's a very personal song, and probably the best mix I've done so far. Which of course could be quite a disaster if it wasn't, considering how much value I hold in it :P

Mountain Air (WIP) Mountain Air (WIP)

I can hear room for improvement but i also hear a TON of potential! I think with some more strings, love, and some more percussion this could turn into something epic and beautiful. The opening alone was rather lovely and transitions into something pretty nice. So i hope to hear the final product eventually! This has a lot of room to grow. What ever hard instrument used at 12 seconds in though is my only complaint. Kills the tranquility of this song.

epiclyadept responds:

Thanks for your response!
Now that I listen to it, I realize that the piece didn't export correctly XD. At 0:12 there is supposed to be a string swell, which lowered the harshness a bit. But I will certainly turn down the velocity of the piano! Now that I listen to it, I realize that the strings get cut off at 1:08 as well...

The section after is REALLY percussion heavy and intense, full of staccato strings as opposed to emotional legato. Glad you liked the piece! And many, many thanks for the feedback!

Cosmic Harmony (FirePowerX Remix) Cosmic Harmony (FirePowerX Remix)

The opening was rather lovely, Transitioned into something pretty nice. Though it almost sounds like its missing something in the beginning, I can't put my finger on it tho. Being a strings person i'd say put some cello in that puppy hah. However i think it works for what it is. Keep up the good work and continue the music!

FirePowerX responds:

Thanks for the kind words wyldfyre! =)

Rathunas - Forgotten Tales Rathunas - Forgotten Tales

Very nicely done! The song pretty much conveys everything you'd expect to hear from what you said in the authors comments. The transition to the slower part at 1:04 could of gone a little smoother in my opinion. I'm of course being a nitpicker. The actual ending to the song sounded pretty complete. So good work in all that!

SoundChris responds:

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed my music :) Thanks for the hint - i will check the transition at 1:04 again!

All the best and have a great weekend,

Chris

Chip In Your Step Chip In Your Step

I think you did a pretty fine job with this. The opening is a fun and relaxing experience. Brings me back to my old NES days but has its own unique style. Its not over the top like a lot of people try to do with this type of music these days. I honestly thought i was gonna click into some sort of cluster of sounds but I'm happily surprised. Good work on this!

ConnorGrail responds:

Glad you enjoy it!
Definitely guilty of cramming way too much stuff into some songs... but there's a time and a place for simplicity for sure.
Thanks for listening!

Glorious Melody Glorious Melody

The song has a very space age type vibe to it in my opinion. It sounds like it may be missing something tho. Maybe a little more percussion in some of those emptier parts would of given this a bit more umph. Just my humble thoughts. Its got a pretty cool sound none the less tho. Keep it up!

wyldfyre1

FirePowerX responds:

Thank you dude!

Holy Diver Cover Preview Holy Diver Cover Preview

How did I miss this? Love me some Holy diver!!! Sorry its so short and sweet but man loving this.

wf1

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

I dunno, brother. Glad you found it and enjoyed!! Hope all is well!!

-Xmas Town- -Xmas Town-

Reminds me of an old school game song like possibly Secret of Mana. Very festive for the time and it gives off that rather wonderful Merry Christmas vibe that you were going for. Its pretty snazzy to listen to. Only complaint is this: some of your clips (vox) in the middle of the song takes a way from the actual beauty of the melody in my opinion. Other then that its very lovely

Keep up the music!

ThaPredator responds:

Thanks for the review! Glad you like it :)
I personally liked the vox on it, the "Merry Christmas" sample was a very nice touch, I guess you meant the other vocals, I agree with you, but just at some point. Second vox fx was a bit odd, yeah, but the last one, I think it was on place, it makes the track less... boring, I think, and its a part of the song that has scratches and low bass, so, it fits well.
Anyways, thank you so much for telling me where I was wrong, :D

Cyberdevil's Back (2016) Cyberdevil's Back (2016)

Hello Devil my old friend =).

You have a tongue on ya. I can't say its totally my style but i can say its pretty cool to listen to how fast you can go with this beat! Good work brutha.

Cyberdevil responds:

Heeey wyldfyre1! Long time! :) Glad to see you're back around and reviewing as usual, and thanks for the honest comment. It does have a bit unorthodox a beat, glad you got something out of it anyway!