Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Games Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 382 Fans

1,625 audio Reviews with Responses

Impressionable Impressionable

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars 3 weeks ago

Well let me first start off by saying Hello there buddy.

Now i will continue with saying how amazingly awesome this song is. I'm hearing some awesome hard core guitar. Everything meshes together very well I'd say if anything (being the strings fan that i am) I'd say add some orchestral in the background a little more.. Perhaps some light cello? Maybe you didn't want to go that direction with this either. None the less I'm liking what I'm hearing here. Good work

Your pal,

Gravey responds:

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the kind words.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there is a full orchestra behind the track emphasizing the vins/violas. They follow the lead in the chorus and create the backing atmosphere throughout the rest of the song. :-)

Never Stop Never Stop

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 1 month ago

I will disagree with the person below me on the fact that this needs more bass. I think that if you had more bass in this that it would take away from the melody you have here. I think however at 1:01 you should have a backing piano to that really cool sound you got going on adding more to the melodic magic. At 2:22 i think some choir would really bring out this part of the song. I think I'm hearing some french horns (I could be wrong) but that is a good touch.

All in all its a wonderful song, what I've come to expect from you. Its been far to long since I've checked up on ya!

Keep on keeping on my friend.

Manhart responds:

Hi wyldfyre1!

Well, I can't blame you not checking in on me, cause not much have been going on :P
It is funny you mention the choir, cause I fell like I can hear a choir in my head at some points in the song, and I have really though about adding one. Then I thought I might pack the song too much, as I usually do :P But now I might reconsider :D
And yes they are indeed french horns. I just love the sound of it.

Thanks a lot for the review.

Broken Windows BY DJ Mathmatik Broken Windows BY DJ Mathmatik

Rated 3 / 5 stars June 15, 2014

Its not bad. I understand that its a hip hop song so that you feel you shouldn't put in too much instrumental in case someone wishes to lay down vocals over the song itself. However i think in this case it hurt the song as a listen. Its a little repetitive in my opinion. Doesn't make it hard to listen to but it does make you wish there were more instrumentals in this.. Maybe some more synths or something along those lines to make the song itself flow into itself. Maybe for the chorus part of the song instead of taking out the beat all together use some high hat's and lead the beat up to something slightly faster to give it a more full feeling. Heck i would even say add in some strings like a viola in there to fill it in a bit. That's just me though. Its a pretty decent listen it just gets slightly bland as you listen through it. For the most part though good work and keep it up!

Math368 responds:

Thanks, I appreciate the time you put in to review the song.

Meet Me There Meet Me There

Rated 4 / 5 stars May 3, 2014

Any good song tells a story as you listen to it. I think you got that right in this. Has a peaceful and innocent feeling at the beginning then transitions to something more dark. Loving the piano in this. I think though that if you had a lone cello backing the piano in maybe a area that's more of a solo some where within this it would bring out more. Then you can go do what you did at 1:52 with the beautiful choir. I do enjoy the abrupt ending. Almost signifies the end of life in my opinion. It was over.. The story was finished. Anyway great work on this I'm adding it to my fav's.

vibe-newgrounds responds:

Thank you for a detailed review. Actually, this piece was composed for a suicide scene. You guessed right. :)

The Golden Coast The Golden Coast

Rated 4 / 5 stars March 29, 2014

Well hello there old friend =).

This has got some swag for sure to it. reminds me of some of the soundtracks to the earlier grand theft auto's. For that it brings back good memories so thats a good thing. A little repetitive but i'm sure for this kind of music its normal.

Keep it up buddy.

SRT-M1tch responds:

Hey there! It's been a long time since we last spoke about music production, wow!
Thanks for the review.

Mitch

Fight for our Future Fight for our Future

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars March 29, 2014

This has a lot of potential. It just seems to be missing something. I can't even put my finger on what. It just feels almost... empty? I don't know I can't even really explain properly. I think maybe the instruments chosen is whats throwing me off on this. Maybe add a bass line that kinda mimics the beat as well. Anyway its not too bad buddy it could just use a little love.

Treviabot92-Virstein responds:

Well, the only reason the bass line didn't imitate the drumbeat was because I didn't want it to. I felt it wouldn't pop out as much if it did.

Thanks for the review!

The Sorcerers Path The Sorcerers Path

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars March 29, 2014

Very Kingdom Hearts- esque in my opening. Very epic and fun to listen to. Its almost overwhelming while you listen to it which is a compliment btw. The choir is amazing and really breath taking. The song itself i could see in a full action movie. Well done

SoundChris responds:

Thanks man! I still didnt have the time to take a listen to the kingdom hearts soundtrack, but i have heared a lot of good things about it - i will definitely check it out asap :D What i really loved was the soundtrack of dragon quest 8 (one of my favourit square titles - simply awesome). Maybe you also will enjoy it - its very relaxing.

Thanks a lot for leaving your thoughts here. I am glad you enjoyed the piece :D

Regards,
Chris

Break Through the Night Break Through the Night

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars March 18, 2014

The opening of this song just said action to me. If a song tells a story to me then its a good song indeed and this one does tell a story. Perhaps of a warrior who's lost his way. Wonderful work with your percussion. At one point the song gives a small ambient feel that makes one feel at peace before it goes right back into what made me enjoy the song to begin with. Its easy to close your eyes and get lost within this track which is pretty good. I can hear a score of many different strings but being that I am a huge cello fan myself i would love to hear maybe something along the lines of a deep backing cello more in this track.

This is indeed a wonderful listen and I will be adding it to my favorites. Keep up the good work

LunyAlex responds:

Thank you very much!

Mihai Sorohan-Sunrise Mihai Sorohan-Sunrise

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars March 18, 2014

Absolutely loving the strings and choir in this. Only complaint is its too short however its not much of one trust me. The over all quality of this song is pretty nice. The ending did seem a little too abrupt for me though but that is just my opinion. Anyway, good work on this song and do keep up the wonderful music.

sorohanro responds:

Thanks for the very nice review. Sometimes I run out of inspiration and the endings show that quite obvious :D. Maybe one day I will try to fix it.

Rejected Trailer Music Rejected Trailer Music

Rated 4 / 5 stars March 18, 2014

I think it wold be a pretty good trailer song to like a scary movie or something but yeah i guess its just not what they were looking for. It happens hehe. Hope your doing well old buddy just thought i'd send you some love in the form of a review.

Wyldfyre1

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Thanks mang! Glad to see you kickin about. Appreciate the review, mang!
This was my first attempt, to written "scripted" trailer. They'll cut the trailer, to the music they did choose, I have yet to see a single picture from it. They are in post production and I should be receiving the movie as soon as it's cut. And It is a horror....