Be a Supporter!

wyldfyre1wyldfyre1

Main News Movies Games Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 382 Fans

1,627 audio Reviews with Responses

Your Bright Side Your Bright Side

Loving the hip hop styled drums. The piano's have a very Secret of Mana feel to them.. Actually the whole song does which brings me back to my childhood and that is a wonderful thing. This song is very catchy and i can see it getting stuck in my head. So as always buddy great job!

vibe-newgrounds responds:

Thank you. :)

Dangerous Sands (loop) Dangerous Sands (loop)

Its what I've come to expect from you. Very well done. The drums move the song along. Nice use of instruments. Everything is well leveled and works nicely. A little repetitive but that is to be expected with something like this. Keep it up as always buddy! I hope to hear more new submissions from you!

thatcomposerguy responds:

Always a pleasure to hear from you wyld. I appreciate the kind words and the feedback! I hope my mastering has improved over the years.

Impressionable Impressionable

Well let me first start off by saying Hello there buddy.

Now i will continue with saying how amazingly awesome this song is. I'm hearing some awesome hard core guitar. Everything meshes together very well I'd say if anything (being the strings fan that i am) I'd say add some orchestral in the background a little more.. Perhaps some light cello? Maybe you didn't want to go that direction with this either. None the less I'm liking what I'm hearing here. Good work

Your pal,

Gravey responds:

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the kind words.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there is a full orchestra behind the track emphasizing the vins/violas. They follow the lead in the chorus and create the backing atmosphere throughout the rest of the song. :-)

Never Stop Never Stop

I will disagree with the person below me on the fact that this needs more bass. I think that if you had more bass in this that it would take away from the melody you have here. I think however at 1:01 you should have a backing piano to that really cool sound you got going on adding more to the melodic magic. At 2:22 i think some choir would really bring out this part of the song. I think I'm hearing some french horns (I could be wrong) but that is a good touch.

All in all its a wonderful song, what I've come to expect from you. Its been far to long since I've checked up on ya!

Keep on keeping on my friend.

Manhart responds:

Hi wyldfyre1!

Well, I can't blame you not checking in on me, cause not much have been going on :P
It is funny you mention the choir, cause I fell like I can hear a choir in my head at some points in the song, and I have really though about adding one. Then I thought I might pack the song too much, as I usually do :P But now I might reconsider :D
And yes they are indeed french horns. I just love the sound of it.

Thanks a lot for the review.

Broken Windows BY DJ Mathmatik Broken Windows BY DJ Mathmatik

Its not bad. I understand that its a hip hop song so that you feel you shouldn't put in too much instrumental in case someone wishes to lay down vocals over the song itself. However i think in this case it hurt the song as a listen. Its a little repetitive in my opinion. Doesn't make it hard to listen to but it does make you wish there were more instrumentals in this.. Maybe some more synths or something along those lines to make the song itself flow into itself. Maybe for the chorus part of the song instead of taking out the beat all together use some high hat's and lead the beat up to something slightly faster to give it a more full feeling. Heck i would even say add in some strings like a viola in there to fill it in a bit. That's just me though. Its a pretty decent listen it just gets slightly bland as you listen through it. For the most part though good work and keep it up!

Math368 responds:

Thanks, I appreciate the time you put in to review the song.

Meet Me There Meet Me There

Any good song tells a story as you listen to it. I think you got that right in this. Has a peaceful and innocent feeling at the beginning then transitions to something more dark. Loving the piano in this. I think though that if you had a lone cello backing the piano in maybe a area that's more of a solo some where within this it would bring out more. Then you can go do what you did at 1:52 with the beautiful choir. I do enjoy the abrupt ending. Almost signifies the end of life in my opinion. It was over.. The story was finished. Anyway great work on this I'm adding it to my fav's.

vibe-newgrounds responds:

Thank you for a detailed review. Actually, this piece was composed for a suicide scene. You guessed right. :)

The Golden Coast The Golden Coast

Well hello there old friend =).

This has got some swag for sure to it. reminds me of some of the soundtracks to the earlier grand theft auto's. For that it brings back good memories so thats a good thing. A little repetitive but i'm sure for this kind of music its normal.

Keep it up buddy.

SRT-M1tch responds:

Hey there! It's been a long time since we last spoke about music production, wow!
Thanks for the review.

Mitch

Fight for our Future Fight for our Future

This has a lot of potential. It just seems to be missing something. I can't even put my finger on what. It just feels almost... empty? I don't know I can't even really explain properly. I think maybe the instruments chosen is whats throwing me off on this. Maybe add a bass line that kinda mimics the beat as well. Anyway its not too bad buddy it could just use a little love.

Treviabot92-Virstein responds:

Well, the only reason the bass line didn't imitate the drumbeat was because I didn't want it to. I felt it wouldn't pop out as much if it did.

Thanks for the review!

The Sorcerers Path The Sorcerers Path

Very Kingdom Hearts- esque in my opening. Very epic and fun to listen to. Its almost overwhelming while you listen to it which is a compliment btw. The choir is amazing and really breath taking. The song itself i could see in a full action movie. Well done

SoundChris responds:

Thanks man! I still didnt have the time to take a listen to the kingdom hearts soundtrack, but i have heared a lot of good things about it - i will definitely check it out asap :D What i really loved was the soundtrack of dragon quest 8 (one of my favourit square titles - simply awesome). Maybe you also will enjoy it - its very relaxing.

Thanks a lot for leaving your thoughts here. I am glad you enjoyed the piece :D

Regards,
Chris

Break Through the Night Break Through the Night

The opening of this song just said action to me. If a song tells a story to me then its a good song indeed and this one does tell a story. Perhaps of a warrior who's lost his way. Wonderful work with your percussion. At one point the song gives a small ambient feel that makes one feel at peace before it goes right back into what made me enjoy the song to begin with. Its easy to close your eyes and get lost within this track which is pretty good. I can hear a score of many different strings but being that I am a huge cello fan myself i would love to hear maybe something along the lines of a deep backing cello more in this track.

This is indeed a wonderful listen and I will be adding it to my favorites. Keep up the good work

LunyAlex responds: